Knowledge is good only if it is shared. As a mom of four, I have learned to take it day by day working from home, homeschooling 2 children (4,5 yr old), and taking care of 2 little ones (9 months, that I nurse and a 2 yr old that yells very loud!).

It's not easy and yes, there are days when we don't do anything but eat ice cream and watch t.v., but that's the beauty of being able to do it all from home and so we find that motivation again and keep on working for the future.

So here you will find very creative and easy ideas to keep infant and toddlers busy . What it's like to home school kids, and finally support for those who want to earn a living at home. So Enjoy and do me a favor and ask a question if you have one, I would love to help anyone who is in need.

Quick Search for Toddler Ideas, Baby Games, Homeschooling info, and Cooking

Monday, February 28, 2011

CRUNCH- Word of the Day-4 to 5 yr old- week 1

Today's word is CRUNCH

I took out some yogurt, celeries, apples, peanut butter and placed them in a box, these were going to be my secret food items.  Since I did this around snack time I intended this to be our snack break.  So much fun! 

I love having things to do with all the kids, Mandis (2) was stopping by every now and then, so I made sure when she stopped by for the snacking I "crunched" at her.  



So here is what I started with.
Print this out first...  VOCAB PAPER

START-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this box I have some secret food items... you'll need to guess them at the end of our Word Lesson. Let's see if along the way you can guess them. But first.....

Q.  Who knows what CRUNCH means? (Point at your VOCAB PAPERCan you run crunchy?  Can you sit crunchy? (The kids laughed at this one)  Can you hear crunchy? (Bingo!) 

Let me go ahead and tell you a sentence that will give you a better hint on Crunch.

"I could hear my brother CRUNCH his potato chips. "
So, what do you think the boy meant by hearing his brother crunch on his potato chips?  (I loved their answers, very creative!)

OK, let me go ahead and tell you what I have as a definition. PAUSE right the word VERB on the bottom of  your VOCAB PAPER  paper.  It's a VERB. PAUSE What is a verb?  let them answer, even if they're wrong. It's fun to see what they come up with, where their imagination takes them.  Plus if you've gone over this with them, it's awesome to see that they remember.  Can you be or do a VERB? Point at the word VERB Remember, a VERB is something you do.  So (Point at your Vocab Paper) CRUNCH is something you do.

Def:  When you CRUNCH you eat something very loud and chew on something loudly.

So they were right, many of the answers I got were correct and I yelled out "Bingo!" when I saw  their eyes light up because they realized they were right.

So now can you guess what I have in my box?  (They will have a great time guessing, no shaking.. yogurt will make a mess!) I brought some snacks that I think you'll love to CRUNCH on. As you take out the secret ingredients you say the names of the items.  This is great for added language exercise.  Yogurt, Banana, Apples, Celery, A spoonful of Peanut Butter. (Yummy! I love this part!) I let them have fun with the food.

While they were eating the snacks I asked these extra questions:

1. Which foods can you crunch?
2. What things does a dog like to crunch on? (Biscuits, Treats, Bone)
3. What might a rabbit like to crunch on?  (carrot, celery, their pebbled food)

THE END------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hope you liked this one... let me know what you guys did with this word?

link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...